TEHRAN- WATER SECURITY20 November 2021
Philip C. Jessup Moot Court Competition 2020- Iranian Qualifying Round21 November 2021
On 2 February 2019, MIS organized the UAE Jessup Competition Qualifying Round in Dubai. 2 teams participated in this year's qualifying round and competed in 2 rounds, during which they presented their arguments as both applicant and respondent before a bench of 3 judges. Judges included:
- Mr. Herb Wolfson, Arbitrator, Attorney and Instructor with 25 years of experience and Jessup judge since 2012;
- Ms. Aleksandra Storozhuk, experienced legal counsel and former participant of the Jessup Competition and judge since 2015;
- Dr. Sirous Motavassel, Founder of Modern International Law Studies, Attorney with 18 years of experience and Arbitrator in Investment Disputes;
- Dr. Amer Fakhoury, Associate Professor of Public International Law at American University in the Emirates and Associate Dean of College of Law;
- Mr. Micheal Farchakh, Legal Consultant, Attorney in New York and Beirut and Judge in the Jessup Competition since 2016.
participating teams were from Middlesex University Dubai and New York University Dubai. Champion of this Qualifying Round is the Middlesex University Team.
The Professor Vasco de Jesus Rodrigues for the Best Mooter was given to Ms. Nadia Ridwan Simpson from the Middlesex University.