Philip C Jessup moot court competition 2018 Iranian qualifying round20 نوامبر 2021
Philip C. Jessup Moot Court Competition 2019- Iranian Qualifying Round 1 January 201921 نوامبر 2021
Price: 1,000,000 Rial
Time: 20 & 21 January 2019
This summer school is for: 4
On 2 February 2019, MIS organized the UAE Jessup Competition Qualifying Round in Dubai. 2 teams participated in this year's qualifying round and competed in 2 rounds, during which they presented their arguments as both applicant and respondent before a bench of 3 judges. Judges included:
- Mr. Herb Wolfson, Arbitrator, Attorney and Instructor with 25 years of experience and Jessup judge since 2012;
- Ms. Aleksandra Storozhuk, experienced legal counsel and former participant of the Jessup Competition and judge since 2015;
- Dr. Sirous Motavassel, Founder of Modern International Law Studies, Attorney with 18 years of experience and Arbitrator in Investment Disputes;
- Dr. Amer Fakhoury, Associate Professor of Public International Law at American University in the Emirates and Associate Dean of College of Law;
- Mr. Micheal Farchakh, Legal Consultant, Attorney in New York and Beirut and Judge in the Jessup Competition since 2016.
participating teams were from Middlesex University Dubai and New York University Dubai. Champion of this Qualifying Round is the Middlesex University Team.
The Professor Vasco de Jesus Rodrigues for the Best Mooter was given to Ms. Nadia Ridwan Simpson from the Middlesex University.